Friday, March 20, 2009

Laurie J

As so many others have mentioned, Jack was a class act. We worked together briefly & it was always a pleasure when Jack came into the office. He was a true professional & obviously a good man. Jack once told me he ran into a very talkative co-worker @ Marc's. He had an armful of groceries & she talked & talked & talked. He was too polite to tell her his groceries were getting heavy. After he told me about Marc's, I said, "How do you think my brother feels?" He looked puzzled, so I said, "You didn't know she's married to my brother?". His face got beet red & he apologized over & over. After that, we must have laughed for 10 minutes. I know he was embarrassed, but I kept telling him that he needn't be -- she could talk for 3 hours --- it was no secret. That incident popped in my head as soon as I saw his picture. I had forgotten what a wonderful smile he had. God blessed us all when He sent Jack here.
Laurie J (Westlake, OH)

No comments:

Post a Comment